

I am stepping out on a ledge here. In response to the Crazy Love post at "aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com" I am writing this entry. I have recently come to know God and have been attending The Creek for almost a year now (9 months) with my family. I don't tithe 10%, but am working on increasing what I give to my church. After all, my church gives so much to me each week. I sponsor a Rwandan mother and her children through Women for Women also, which was done in response to a challenge given to me by my church. I'm reaching the "toddler" stage in my journey of faith and am so happy that I started this walk.
I have never been a person that is comfortable asking for help. I am adopting for the second time (3rd adopted child, child #5 for our family) from Les*otho, which is a beautiful country embedded in South Africa. I will have the money necessary for the second half of the adoption expenses(once my tax check arrives!), but need some for the travel and expenses while there. I don't want to put everything on credit cards. I have a son in college, a daughter in high school, two children in elementary school and my new little guy will go to preschool once he gets home to us. This will be an added expense for our family that we haven't had since before the recession. My little boy is three years old and is beautiful! I wish I could share his photo here, but not until the adoption is done!! Adoption, for me, means that we get to care for this baby, this little boy, because that is what people are supposed to do- care for orphans. It means we get to experience all of those miraculous firsts with another child. We get to see how love and a family can restore a little human's spirit.
I am really wondering to myself why I felt compelled to update my GREATLY neglected blog yesterday...funny how things like this happen!! Please pray for our family and that this child, whose name means "gift" comes home to us soon. It's been such a long journey to get to this place. Thank you!!

7 comments:
I have been going around and donating to all the people who are linked on Linny's site that have "chip in" buttons. besides that I don't know how to donate to people we don't.
just a thought, i would add one :)
btw, when I say I am donating to all I mean only a few dollars to each. but if everyone that read her blog did it what a difference it would make!
I wish I had more to give right now, but I wanted to offer some encouragement... I love your story and know that God knows your heart - He will take care of the details... :)
Thank you for sharing your heart!! my husband and i would like to send you a lil somthing... please email me the address where i should send it!
thedarlings06@comcast.net
God Bless you my friend!!
~Liz
Hi Leah! I wish I knew how to add a button! I really appreciate your comment. I have enjoyed reading other's stories as well.
Thanks Talley for the encouragement. I do believe you're right!!!
Hi, Lisa! Just wanted to say...I just added a chip in to my blog...I did it when I sent money to one of the crazy love blogs THROUGH chip in...there was something that said "Want to add a chip in to YOUR blog?" And so I did. I am totally computer illiterate, so if I can do it, so can you!!! :)
Hugs, Nancy
Thanks Nancy!!! I will check it out! Hugs to you too! Lisa
yes, please add a chip in button and let me know if you do?!
blessings to you!!
Post a Comment